A Year To Remember - 1935
History • 55m
In this episode:
- Mussolini puts his imperial ambition into practice
- USA: Depression effects are still felt
- USA: The infamous dust bowl scars the land
- India: An earthquake kills 20,000 people
- The San Francisco Bay Bridge opens, which will be the largest in the world
- Europe’s fragile stability begins to crumble
Up Next in History
A Year To Remember - 1936
In this episode: - Spain: Civil war breaks out- Germany: Hitler hosts the Olympic games- Politically, Germany begins to strain against its borders- British attention firmly focused on a new King- Edward VIII succeeds George V, who died at the beginning of the year- Edward, when Prince of Wales, h...
A Year To Remember - 1937
In this episode: - The tragedy of the Spanish Civil War intensifies- The year of Guernica- Japan and China are at war- USA: Franklin D. Roosevelt begins his second term as president- Edward VIII has resolved to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson- Prince Albert, father of Elizabeth and Margare...
A Year To Remember - 1938
In this episode: - The threat of war- Spain: A bloody civil war rages between a left wing republican government and fascist nationalists led by Franco- Far East: Imperialist Japan fights to conquer China- Europe: Hitler’s aim of enlarging Germany’s borders- Neville Chamberlain resolves to negotia...